|Monday||8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Friday||8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
- January 1
- Closed for New Year's Day
- May 30
- Closed for Memorial Day
- July 4
- Closed for Independence Day
- September 5
- Closed for Labor Day
- November 24
- Closed for Thanksgiving
- December 24
- Open until 12:00 p.m. for Christmas Eve
- December 26
- Closed for Christmas
- Walk Up ATM
- Safe Deposit Box
Click here to see our company-wide calendar.
Grand Event Center
316 Washington St, Northfield, MN 55057
We hope our Mainstreeter Club members will join us for our sit-down Mainstreeter's Picnic.
James-Younger Bank Raid of 1876
On Thursday, September 7, 1876, eight outlaws – including Jesse James, his brother Frank and the Younger brothers, Cole, James and Bob – approached Northfield with the intent to rob the First National Bank of Northfield. The raiders threatened cashier Joseph Lee Heywood at gunpoint, but he refused to open the safe and was fatally shot.
Northfield citizens came to the bank’s rescue by engaging the gang in a gun battle on the street. When it became apparent that the robbery attempt was failing, the gang fled. When the battle had ended three lay dead, including two of the outlaws, Clel Miller and William Stiles, and Joseph Lee Heywood. Four days later Nicholas Gustafson, an innocent bystander, died of a gunshot wound.
The community of Northfield memorializes this event during The Defeat of Jesse James Days, which is held annually the weekend after Labor Day and is supported by Merchants Bank.
1. Rental of smallest size box available or the value of the smallest size box may be discounted from the annual fee of a large size box.
2. $50 minimum deposit required for Basic Savings Account. $1,000 minimum deposit required for Advantage Savings Account. Owner of Mainstreeter Account must also be named an owner on this account. $10 limit per customer.
3. Owner of Mainstreeter Account must also be named an owner on this account. $5 limit per child.
4. Owner of Mainstreeter Account must also be named an owner on this account. $10 limit per customer.
5. Offer available on new purchase residential mortgage loans or residential construction loans only. One coupon offer available per loan.
6. As of July 28, 2022, the Annual Percentage Rate on a home equity line of credit with an 80% or less loan-to-value and a credit score greater than or equal to 700 was 5.25%. This special offer has fixed-rate pricing as low as 2.9% APR for the first six months, based on relationship reward discounts. Following that six-month period, the rate will become variable, subject to change, based on U.S. Bank, N.A., prime rate plus a margin that is determined based on the loan-to-value in your home and your credit score at the time of application. Current rates vary from 5.25% to 8.00% APR. Maximum possible APR is 18%. Minimum possible APR is 4.00%. An origination fee may apply, in addition, you are responsible for certain fees to third parties, such as appraisers, credit reporting firms and government agencies, which are generally from $100–$1,000. Following the first year, there will be an annual fee of $25. Offer available on new home equity lines of $10,000 or more only or on existing lines of credit with an increase of at least $10,000. Consult your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of interest expense. Property insurance will be required. Limited time offer.
7. Subject to credit approval.
8. 15.59% Annual Percentage Rate. Following the first year, there will be an annual fee of $30.